5 Steps to Becoming a Driver
- Download the Driver registration form
- Fill in the form
- Send a paper copy of the form along with a photocopy of your full driving licence card to Don Kelly
- Email Don with your name, the organisation you represent, mobile phone number and other contact details and the first date you would like to drive the bus. Include the days and times when you would be available for training.
- You will then be offered suitable dates for training and get back to you asap.
Training is normally done Friday evenings, other days and times by special arrangement.
Please allow a minimum of four weeks notice for training
Please note these are Mandatory failure to comply will mean exemption
HICOM endeavours to offer a village-based service for the elderly and residents at a fair price. We rely on your support to achieve this by identifying issues early.
Here are the details of the Insurance Policy
and the Insurance Policy key Facts
All Drivers must be registered and supply proof of eligibility to drive a 15 seater minibus.
All drivers must have a demonstrable level of competence, this is monitored at a familiarisation session with the vehicle. You will need to book this well in advance of your first planned trip to avoid disappointment.
Drivers should not use the tail-lift without an additional training session – this is a Health & Safety requirement.
Prior to a Trip
Drivers are required to check:
- Is the HICOM User Manual to hand?
- Was the bus locked when you collected it?
- Is there any external damage – record it on the Log Sheet and in the Log Book?
- Is there enough fuel?
- Are there enough engine fluids (oil, coolant, washer fluid) (if making a longer trip)?
During a Trip
Drivers are required to:
- Wear the reflective safety vest when overseeing passengers in traffic
- Actively manage use of doors, discourage passengers from opening or shutting doors themselves.
- Record any vehicle faults in the Log Book
- Report any significant malfunctions or damage by telephone using the published HICOM contact numbers
- If you accidentally fill the vehicle with PETROL instead of diesel, do NOT drive the bus. Use the breakdown service for recovery to have the tank pumped out. Your organisation is responsible for the cost of drainage and replacement of fuel (value of fuel to be £50)
After the trip
Drivers are required to:
- Ensure that you, or your passengers, sweep up and remove all rubbish and replace all loose items in their storage bins.
- Be responsible for securely locking the bus exactly as directed and for checking that the windows and doors are all locked.
- Report ALL issues arising from the above checks in the Log book immediately, as well as making phone calls where appropriate. That way HICOM are better placed to identify users who do not comply, and leave the bus in an untidy or damaged condition.